Server - ZuZu Restaurant
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm, friendly and sincere manner. Insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Complete knowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
- Total knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, and potential substitutions is expected
- Fluent beverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbal presentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
- Ensure all levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeable presentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
- Communicate consistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
- Complete all side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
- Ensure complete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
- Close all guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
- Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close out per established procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
- Follow established gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
What are we looking for?