Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Chef in the food production and supervision of all culinary personnel. May be called upon to work evenings or split shifts if business dictates. Is directly responsible for the entire kitchen operation in chef's absence. Ensures that all food preparation and presentation is to established specifications.
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Report any equipment needing repair to Chef and engineering for service.
- Perform other duties as requested such as VIP parties and staff meetings.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef.