Spa Host/ess - Hotel Valley Ho-FT-PT
Enhance the guest’s experience at VH Spa for Vitality Health by providing superior guest service during check in and
check out, by providing tours of the spa facility, scheduling appointments, and charging for services while creating an environment of relaxation and luxury.
- Prepare for shift by ensuring bank is set up and computer is logged on, music is playing at appropriate level, uniform is clean and wrinkle free, name-tag on and smile is in place.
- Address guests by their name each time they are encountered.
- Perform check in/out functions professionally and efficiently.
- Follow proper cashiering and money handling procedures and ensure collection of all service transactions through proper pay method.
- Handle special requests of hotel guests and residents.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and be able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at VH Spa.
- Educate hotel guests and residents on Hotel Valley Ho activities and facilities.
- Be available to receive spa services when needed for training purposes.
- Perform all opening, mid shift and closing job responsibilities noted on the hosting checklists.
- Practice safe work habits and follows all safety procedures; follow proper protocol during evacuation.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of reception desk, VH Spa and spa lobby.
- Immediately advise spa manager on duty if lounge equipment, steam room, showers, lockers, etc. are not functioning properly.
- Maintain excellent communication between activity at the reception desk with guests and the service providers (i.e. schedule changes, late guests, etc.)
- Constantly review bookings and update guest notes for the day checking for booking errors, double bookings, allergies, special requests, etc.
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for guests in spa reception lobby.
- Be prepared to assist guests by anticipating their needs.
- Interact appropriately with guests whether it is conversation or a quiet presence.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout VH Spa.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Spa Director or other spa manager.
- Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Computer experience required.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service.
- Hotel or Resort experience preferred.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.