Spa Host/Hostess (PT & FT) - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Enhance the guest’s experience at VH Spa for Vitality + Health by providing superior guest service during reservations, check-in, and out of the spa lounges. Recognize and interact with the guests and residents, provide a superior presentation of the lounge, while creating an environment of relaxation and luxury.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Prepare for shift by ensuring bank is set up and computer is logged on, music is playing at appropriate level, uniform is clean and wrinkle free, nametag on and smile is in place.
- Address guests by their name each time they are encountered.
- Perform check in/out functions professionally and efficiently.
- Follow proper cashiering and money handling procedures and ensure collection of all service transactions through proper pay method.
- Handle special requests of hotel guests and residents.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and be able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at VH Spa. Educate hotel guests and residents on Hotel Valley Ho activities and facilities. Be available to receive spa services when needed for training purposes.
- Perform all opening, mid shift and closing job responsibilities noted on the hosting checklists.
- Practice safe work habits and follows all safety procedures; follow proper protocol during evacuation.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of reception desk and spa lobby, including floors, windows, etc. Assist in helping with cleanliness throughout VH Spa.
- Perform all opening, mid shift and closing job responsibilities as noted on the spa lounge attendant checklists, fill out and turn in at end of every shift.
- Maintain cleanliness of locker room, i.e. sweep and mop floors, squeegee showers, wipe counters and fixtures, etc. as necessary throughout the day.
- Immediately advise spa manager on duty if lounge equipment, steam room, showers, lockers, etc. are not functioning properly.
- Practice safe work habits and follows all safety procedures. Follow proper protocol during evacuation.
- Ensure that eucalyptus is consistently sprayed in steam room.
- Maintain excellent communication between activity at the reception desk with guests and the service providers (i.e. schedule changes, late guests, etc.) Constantly review bookings and update guest notes for the day checking for booking errors, double bookings, allergies, special requests, etc.
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for guests in spa reception lobby. Be prepared to assist guests by anticipating their needs.
- Interact appropriately with guests whether it is conversation or a quiet presence.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout VH Spa.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Spa Director or other spa manager.
What are we looking for?
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Computer experience required.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service.
- Hotel or Resort experience preferred.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Good telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.