Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for organization and cleanliness of pastry preparation and pantry areas as to maintaining established par stocks, prep levels, efficient production, appearance, and health code standards. Ensure that all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled, and stored.
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly.
- Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Maintain dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- De-tarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry foods to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.