Stewarding Supervisor - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to the Hotel Valley Ho success by supervising team member and cleaning cooking utensils and flatware in order to provide, cooks, bus persons, and food servers with appropriate equipment for guests’ dining experience. This position is also responsible for cleaning the physical surroundings of the kitchen and F&B areas.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Maintain the dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Sort and wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans efficiently, as support to the cooks.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by Chef to adhere to health standards.
- Promote a safe work environment. Keep dish room area organized and sanitary, being aware of potential cross-contamination hazards.
- Work with utility staff to maintain dish room; return kitchen and catering supplies to assigned areas, re-stock dishes in the server, sweep and mop dish room floor, empty kitchen trash cans and ensure loading dock remains clear of spills and debris.
- Ensure utility staff members are working at their assigned locations for the day, remaining productive throughout their shift, and completing the cleaning checklists.
- Final walk-through of the facility to ensure all utility-related tasks has been completed.
- Ensure assignments have been completed at the end of each shift before staff is dismissed for the day.
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate. This includes daily, weekly, monthly cleaning, as time permits.
- Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Ensure dishes are sanitized and available as needed.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- De-tarnish/polish silver and copper.
- Maintain proper placement/organization of pots, pans, dish dollies, glass racks, utensils, and linen.
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, etc.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss.
- Maintain safety standards set by the resort, at all times. Ensuring that any accidents and/or injuries are reported immediately to the Chef and/or immediate manager.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef and/or Cook I.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain all in order to compliment guest experience.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress work environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Must be able to follow instructions, both verbally and written; excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to push and/or pull service carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 100 lbs.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work outdoors on occasion.
- Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day, sometimes on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0044179